Most muffins are just a step away from cake with lots of added sugar. Not these med muffins! These muffins have no added sugar and super healthy fats from nuts. They are one of my favorite things to find in my lunch box. Use muffin papers and spray them with non-stick spray for the best product. You can experiment with using pears in the place of the apples and vary the type of nuts you use.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 ½ cup chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (you can use Chinese 5 spice for a different flavor)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with muffin papers, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add apples, nuts, and eggs to the bananas, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack for cooling.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: ¼ cup
- Calories: 130 calories
- Carbohydrates: 13 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Sodium: 294 mg