This one-pot meal is a great way to use leftover rice and/or chicken. You can use egg or shrimp instead of the chicken. The type of vegetables can vary depending on what you have on hand. You just need 2 cups of vegetables in total. A good combination is mushroom, peas, carrots, cabbage, and green onion.
Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped ginger
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables (for example: 1/2 cup chopped or shredded cabbage, 1/4 cup chopped carrots, and 1/4 cup peas)
- 3-5 chopped green onions
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- In a wok add ½ tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and let it cook, approximately 5-6 minutes. Once cooked, remove the chicken and set aside. (If using leftover cooked chicken, just heat slightly)
- In the same wok add the remaining olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped green onions and other vegetables.
- Cook on high heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add the cooked rice and chicken and toss again on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and toss to combine.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups
- Vegetables: 1 cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 512 calories (with chicken)
- Carbohydrates: 58 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 29 grams
- Fat: 18 grams
- Sodium: 617 mg