This is a great side dish or can be a main dish if added to a large vegetable salad.
Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as a main dish
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes (for quinoa)
Total Time: 30 minutes (less if using already prepared quinoa)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 cup black beans (canned is fine, just choose low-sodium and rinse well)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the quinoa, mango, black beans, green onions, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette by shaking all ingredients in a screw top jar or plastic container with tight fitting lid.
- Dress the salad just prior to serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving: (Based on 4 servings, as a side dish)
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Vegetables: ¼ cup
- Fruits: ¼ cup
- Calories: 423 calories
- Carbohydrates: 46 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Protein: 12 gram
- Fat: 22 grams
- Sodium: 75 mg
 Quinoa cooks quickly, so it is a great whole grain to use. A general rule of thumb for quinoa is 1 cup of grain and 1 cup of water yields 2 cups of cooked grain. It cooks in about 15-20 minutes.