I am always thinking about new and delicious ways to make one of my favorite foods – eggs. This recipe really punches up the vegetables and is a great breakfast or brunch dish. You can make the vegetable mixture with any vegetables and can make ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. This is super quick and looks beautiful on the plate.
Serving Size: 1 egg with ¼ of the vegetable mixture
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup raw arugula
- 1 carrot – small dice or grated
- 1 zucchini – small dice
- 1 yellow squash – small dice
- ½ cup mushrooms – sliced thin (if they are large cut the slices in half)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the vegetables and sauté until soft (5-8 minutes).
- Add the thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a bowl and keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Cook the eggs to your level of doneness.
- Divide the raw arugula between four plates.
- Top with the cooked vegetables and place the egg on top.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 1 egg and ¼ other ingredients
- Vegetables: 1 ¼ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 165 calories
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber: 2 gram
- Protein: 8 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Sodium: 266 mg