Try this recipe for a quick and easy entree. It takes only a few minutes to assemble if you have the ingredients in stock.
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 seconds
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (8-inch) 100% whole-wheat tortilla
- ½ cup mixed salad greens
- ¾ cup prepared black beans, drained & warmed
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican-style cheese (can use another variety according to taste)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped onions (optional)
- Warm the tortilla in microwave for 10 – 12 seconds.
- Place mixed greens, black beans, shredded cheese and then tomatoes, avocado, and onions on one side of the tortilla.
- Wrap all ingredients in the tortilla by carefully folding in the sides and rolling the side with ingredients towards the empty side.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Vegetables: 2¼ cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 522 calories
- Carbohydrates: 62 grams
- Fiber: 21 grams
- Protein: 24 grams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Sodium: 546 mg