This recipe calls for grapefruit, mango, and pineapple, but you can use most any combination of fruit.
- 2 grapefruit, cut into sections
- 2 mangos, chopped
- ½ pineapple, chopped (can use canned – discard juice)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (canola, grapeseed, or sunflower seed)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or less)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the fruit in a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Make the dressing using a screw top jar or plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
- Place all dressing ingredients in the jar or container and shake to combine.
- Pour over the fruit and stir.
- Serve immediately or chill until serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving
(Based on ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- Serving Size: 1¼ cups
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 1¼ cups
- Calories: 158 calories
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 2 mg