This makes a great side dish and can also be used as a filling for tacos. The ginger garlic paste can be substituted with freshly grated ginger and finely chopped garlic.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste (or fresh grated ginger and finely chopped garlic)
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Once oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and the ginger garlic paste. Sauté for 2 minutes, taking care not to burn the ginger garlic paste.
- Add the finely chopped carrots and stir. Then, add 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and let the carrots cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Once the carrots are tender, add salt, and mix.
- Add in the eggs and scramble them. Let the eggs cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pepper and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Vegetables: ⅓ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 139 calories
- Carbohydrates: 8 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Sodium: 401 mg