The best vegetable tacos ever! Adjust the chipotle chilies to your “heat” taste. Freeze the leftover chilies, 2-3 each in small plastic bags, for the next time you make this recipe.
Serving Size: 2 tacos
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Marinate Time: 30-60 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes- 2 hours
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 canned chipotle chilies with 3 teaspoons adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 large onions, cut in ½-inch thick slices
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in ½-inch thick slices or wedges
- 3 red or green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 medium eggplants, cut in ½-inch thick slices
- 2-3 ears of corn
- 16 whole-wheat soft tortillas
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegars and water.
- Use a knife to chop together the garlic and chipotle chilies. Add the garlic/chili mix to the vinegar and water mixture.
- Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Transfer the onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and eggplant to the bowl with the marinade, turning to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium (350°F to 375°F).
- Remove vegetables from marinade and grill, turning occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- As the other vegetables are grilling, grill the corn until done (approximately 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally).
- Transfer the grilled onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and eggplant to a cutting board and chop roughly.
- Transfer the grilled corn to a cutting board, cut the kernels from the cobs and mix into the chopped vegetables.
- Serve with warm tortillas. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Vegetables: 3 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 325 calories
- Carbohydrates: 56 grams
- Fiber: 14 grams
- Protein: 11 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Sodium: 370 mg