This is a colorful and tasty salad that is especially good during summer months. It is easy to prepare and only has a few, simple ingredients. For variation, add chopped onions, black beans, and/or red pepper according to taste preference.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 10-20 minutes
Total Time: 25-35 minutes
- 1 ear corn on the cob, husk and silk removed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 large tomato, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- Cook the corn on the cob in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the corn off of the cob and collect the kernels in a bowl.
- Mix the corn kernels, avocado, and tomato in a big bowl and toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve cold.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
(Based on 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Vegetables: 1 cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 138 calories
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Sodium: 592 mg