This recipe is extremely easy to prepare and makes a great side dish. If you like spice, add a Thai green chili or jalapeño.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 Thai green chilies or jalapeño peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin and grated ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the Thai green chilies or jalapeño peppers (optional) and sauté for another minute.
- Add the cabbage and mix. Lower heat to medium-low and cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt once cabbage becomes tender and translucent. Stir and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Vegetables: ¾ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 87 calories
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 7 grams
- Sodium: 307 mg
2 thoughts on “Cabbage Stir Fry”
To make it a full meal, I add shrimp and a very small portion of brown rice.