This sauce is from the Culinary Institute of America. Their recipes are usually complicated and in need of simplification and alteration of hard-to-find ingredients. Not this one. It is super simple and very delicious. Goes great with the Samosa-Inspired Potato Cakes, seared tuna, or salmon. You will need a blender for this recipe. The beautiful green color will dull if not used immediately, the flavor will not be affected.
Serves: 3 cups or 14 servings
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons per serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and dried (use the stems and leaves)
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup unsalted cashew nuts
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend well to create a smooth sauce. Add more yogurt if needed to make it blend.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 55 calories per serving
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- Sodium: 98 mg