This salmon is simple and delicious. No capers? No problem. Use chopped green olives instead. Don’t be afraid to experiment. You can replace fresh rosemary with oregano, savory, tarragon, or thyme. Add more of the herbs you love to create a dish that is all your own. You can also sear the salmon and put the sauce on top as opposed to baking. Just heat the sauce to combine the ingredients and spoon onto the fish (as pictured).
Serving Size: 1 salmon filet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 30-60 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes-1 hour 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon capers or coarsely chopped green olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 6 (5-ounce) salmon filets
- Mix all ingredients (except salmon) in a bowl.
- Place salmon in a baking dish, pour marinade on top, and marinate in the fridge for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cook salmon for about 15 minutes (until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF).
Nutrition Information per Serving:(Based on 1 tablespoon capers)
- Serving Size: 1 salmon filet
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 207 calories
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 28 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 860 mg