You can buy kale chips already made in some specialty shops – they come in small bags with a big price tag. Or you can make a large pile of these delicious healthy chips at home. I have experimented with multiple ways of making these. This technique is super easy and nets a great bowl of chips.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- Wash and dry kale.
- Remove thick stems.
- Tear into “chip” size pieces.
- Place torn kale in a large bowl and add olive oil.
- Using well washed hands, massage the oil into the kale. You want to get a thin coating of oil on each surface of the kale. You will see it change colors slightly, this is ok. Keep working it until the oil is well distributed.
- Place kale chips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until completely toasted. You want all the moisture removed.
Note: If you are not eating immediately, store open on the counter. You can re-crisp if needed in a warm oven.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe or about 1 cup of chips
- Vegetables: ½ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 93 calories
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Sodium: 304 mg