Napa cabbage is a great variety to use in cooked and raw dishes. The combination of kale and Napa cabbage is colorful and delicious. This slaw is great as a bed for grilled chicken or grilled salmon. If you use grilled chicken, toss the chicken in lemon zest and some taco seasoning before grilling.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time (salad only): 10 minutes
Cook Time (dependent on chicken or salmon)
Total Time: 10 minutes + time for chicken or salmon
- 2 cups finely shredded kale
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 4 pieces of grilled chicken or salmon
- ½ cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (olive oil mayo is a good type to use) OR 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the kale and cabbage and toss to combine.
- Top with grilled chicken or salmon.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
(Based on salad alone)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Vegetables: ¾ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 139 calories
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Sodium: 161 mg