Everything tastes better in a taco, especially roasted vegetables. The key is to cut the vegetables small (1/4-inch cubes) and roast them well with taco seasoning. Pre-made taco seasoning is usually very high in salt. It is super easy to make your own using this recipe. These tacos are best with corn tortillas and a topping of just shredded cabbage mixed with lime.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 large carrot
- 8-ounce container of white mushrooms or baby bellas
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the vegetables into a ¼ inch dice. This takes a few minutes, but your work will be well worth it in the end. It is a good time to practice your knife skills.
- Toss the cut vegetables with the olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt. You can do this in a large bowl or plastic bag.
- Place the vegetable mixture on a sheet pan lined with parchment or foil (this makes clean up easy).
- Cook the vegetable mixture 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring the mixture half-way through.
- Assemble the tacos on warmed tortillas.
Nutrition Information per Serving
(for taco filling only – add about 50 calories if using a corn tortilla)
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Vegetables: 1/3 cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 92 calories
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Sodium: 219 mg
One thought on “Roasted Vegetable Tacos”