This is an easy way to add extra flavor to your daily snack. Change it up by choosing a different type of nut or herb combination. Tip: Make a large batch with your favorite nuts and herbs for a great grab-and-go snack throughout the week.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound (approximately 2 cups) almonds
- 3 (3-inch) sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped (use 1 tablespoon dried if you don’t have fresh)
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes (use more or less depending on your desired level of heat)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Use a large skillet over medium heat. Heat the oil and add the almonds. Stir to coat the almonds.
- Add the rosemary leaves, crushed chili flakes, and salt. Toss to coat the almonds.
- Cook over medium heat stirring almost constantly for 15 minutes. Do not allow the almonds to get too brown.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 250 calories
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Sodium: 230 mg
2 thoughts on “Rosemary Chili Almonds”
It’s easier to bake at 300F for 10 minutes.
Thanks for your suggestion, Kathy! Roasting in the oven is a great alternative cooking method for toasting nuts.