I love a non-recipe recipe. A recipe that really is just a very simple prep technique with a few ingredients. No need to measure. I recently had a breakfast for our department and wanted to serve one vegetable dish. Not an easy feat for a Westerners that usually don’t eat vegetables at breakfast. We had multiple dishes but this one went first – a HUGE bowl quickly disappeared. You could serve this for breakfast as we did or as a side for any meal. You can use any kind of cherry tomatoes, any color, you can also use regular tomatoes cut into small pieces.
- 1 Avocado (medium ripeness), cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the vegetables.
- Place in a large bowl and add about 1-2 Tablespoons each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 1 cup
- Calories: 332 calories
- Carbohydrates: 18 grams
- Fiber: 9.5 grams
- Protein: 4.2 grams
- Fat: 29.1 grams
- Sodium: 10.8 mg
One thought on “Avocado Tomato Salad”
Can not eat balsamic so will make my own dressing.