This dish is very versatile and can be made with any vegetables or proteins that you have on hand. The fresh basil and feta are the superstars in this dish.
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound whole-wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined, shells and tails removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 ounces (approximately ¾ cup) low-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta as directed.
- While pasta is cooking, heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan.
- Sauté shrimp in olive oil until pink.
- Add basil and grape tomatoes and sauté for additional two minutes until slightly wilted. Turn off heat.
- Add feta and stir.
- Serve shrimp, basil, tomatoes, and feta over whole wheat pasta.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Vegetables: ½ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 428 calories
- Carbohydrates: 60 grams
- Fiber: 10.5 grams
- Protein: 30 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Sodium: 552 mg