Don’t let the word prune scare you away from this recipe. These little bite-sized treats are delicious. They are easy to make and look pretty impressive as well. They’re the perfect blend of sweetness and crunch.
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Zest of one orange (optional)
- 25 prunes
- 2-3 squares dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine all ingredients except prunes and dark chocolate in a small bowl. Stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer to parchment lined or sprayed cookie sheet.
- Roast for 5-8 minutes until lightly browned, then set aside.
- Push prunes in to create pouches.
- Press about ¼ tsp crunch mixture into each prune.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 15-second intervals until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over each stuffed prune.
- Chill until hard and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving
(Based on 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 2½ squares dark chocolate)
- Serving Size: 5 prunes
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: ½ cup
- Calories: 325 calories
- Carbohydrates: 45 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Sodium: 55 mg