This dressing is from our Lentils with Cumin Vinaigrette recipe and our Lentil and Beet Salad recipe. However, it can be paired with any salad. Try it with your favorite salad for a delicious new taste!
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the vinaigrette by heating the oil in a medium skillet.
- Add the shallots and cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the cumin and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and add the vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the vinaigrette into 2 bowls to cool.
- Add the vinaigrette to your favorite salad.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Vegetables: ½ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 173
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Sodium: 60 mg