Savory and delicious! This recipe for Oven Roasted Butternut Squash, shared with us by our friend Chef Ellen Clevenger-Firley, will delight your taste buds. A wonderfully versatile dish, serve alongside your favorite whole grain or add as an ingredient in another recipe.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 28-32 minutes
Total Time: 43-47 minutes
- 2 pounds butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Peel butternut squash, cut in half and remove seeds. Core and cut into 1” cubes.
- In a large bowl combine squash, olive oil, salt and pepper. Make sure all the squash gets some olive oil on all the sides.
- Place ingredients on the rimmed baking sheet and spread the squash around to give them space.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven add parsley and rosemary. Stir well and return to oven for an additional 8-12 minutes depending on your desired level of crisp (I do 10 minutes).
- Place on serving platter and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 1 cup (163 grams)
- Vegetables: 1.08 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 110 calories
- Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 330 mg