Cooking fish at home may seem like a daunting task. But in truth, cooking with seafood can be a quick and enjoyable way to break the monotony of weeknight dinners. Searing is an easy and delicious way to cook fresh or frozen fish filets. Follow this simple recipe to cook salmon or another one of your favorite fish filets. Pair your seared salmon with vegetables and whole grains for a complete meal. One of our favorite ways to serve seared salmon is with our Kale and Napa Cabbage Slaw.
- 2 (3 – 5 oz) salmon filets (skin-on preferred). If using frozen salmon, thaw it in the refrigerator and pat dry before cooking.
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Once heated, place the salmon filet in the skillet skin side down and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Flip the salmon filet and cook for about 6 minutes (until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF).
- Serve your seared salmon along side of your favorite vegetables and whole grains for a healthy delicious meal.
Nutrition Information per Serving
(Based on 5 oz salmon filet)
- Serving Size: 5 oz salmon filet
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 250 calories
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 30 grams
- Fat: 12.5 grams
- Sodium: 226 mg
One thought on “Seared Salmon”
This is absolutely delicious thank you for bringing this into the world.