This recipe is a great way to use leftover rice. The long-grain brown basmati rice can be substituted with regular brown rice. Garnish with cilantro or scallions for extra flavor.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
Total Time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup cooked long-grain brown basmati rice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro or scallions for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Then add paprika and salt and mix together.
- Lower the heat, and let the rice warm up for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or scallions (optional).
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 155 calories
- Carbohydrates: 24 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 297 mg