This recipe is for cauliflower, however, you can use this for any vegetable. It calls for ground spices; however, if you have a spice grinder, it is extra tasty to grind the spices from whole spices. Either way, you will love this easy recipe. The roasted vegetables are great hot or cold in salads.
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (if grinding your own spices use a whole arbol chili)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 pounds cauliflower, cut into medium pieces (or combination of vegetables) (approximately 4½ cups florets)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Combine spices and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat well.
- Place on a large baking pan lined with foil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for about 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Vegetables: 1 cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 144 calories
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Sodium: 612 mg
5 thoughts on “Spicy Roasted Cauliflower”
That looks so good. I’m going to try it. Thanks
Enjoy! It’s delicious!
I used only half of the cayenne pepper.
Still, the dish was too spicy for my taste.
An hour roasting seemed long.
It probably would have tasted better after 45 or 50 minutes.
Thank you for sharing your experience with making this recipe, Irma! Adjusting the cayenne pepper to better fit your taste preference will make this dish even better the next time around. Similarly, adjusting the cooking time to better suit your oven and desired crispiness level will enhance the recipe as well the next time you make it. Hope you’ll give it another try using the suggested changes you’ve shared =-)