This is a super easy and super delicious dessert or snack. Any apple will work but firm apples such as Fuji, Gala, or Braeburn work best. You can change it up with different spices to suit your tastes.
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Core the apple, leaving the bottom intact.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon the sugar mixture into the apples.
- Place the apples in a deep casserole dish and cover with the lid.
- Microwave for 3½ – 4 minutes or until tender.
- Let the apples sit for 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 1 apple
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 1¼ cups
- Calories: 133 calories
- Carbohydrates: 34 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 0 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Sodium: 6 mg
2 thoughts on “Microwave Baked Apples”
How does one core an apple and leave the bottom in tact?
To core an apple and leave the bottom intact, start by slicing a small amount off the top of the apple. This will help you to see where the core and seeds are. Then take a fruit corer or small spoon and scoop out portions of the core. Stop before you reach the bottom of the apple, this will ensure that area stays intact.