This taco filling is flat out delicious. You will love it. It may sound difficult but it is really not that time consuming. You can make a double batch as it freezes really well. Serve on corn tortillas with shredded cabbage, lime wedges, and our Ginger Mango Salsa.
- 4 cups (approximately 8 ounces) white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound ground beef (97% lean), cooked and well-drained (can also use turkey or chicken)
- Chop the mushrooms finely. This can be done in a food processor.
- Cook the chopped mushrooms in a hot skillet over medium-high heat until well done and no moisture remains, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the skillet and add the onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the taco seasoning and the tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and the cooked and well-drained hamburger.
- Add a little water if needed for everything to be well combined. Serve on corn or whole wheat tortillas.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 4 ounces (½ cup)
- Vegetables: ½ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 98 calories
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 288 mg
One thought on “Mushroom Beef Tacos”
I printed many of the receipts from your list, my husband recently had a mild heart attack, and I got this website from his dr. thank you so much,