Is peanut butter and jelly a staple at your house? Try this simple twist on an old favorite to ditch the extra sugar, boost the crunch factor, and amp up the nutritional benefits.
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
- 2 slices 100% whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 small apple (or 10 halved grapes)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Spread peanut butter on whole wheat bread.
- Slice apple into thin slices and place on peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Add the top piece of bread to your PB&A sandwich and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per Serving:(Based on 1 small apple)
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 1 cup
- Calories: 399 calories
- Carbohydrates: 46 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Protein: 17 grams
- Fat: 18 grams
- Sodium: 319 mg