This is an amazing vegetarian side dish. Feel free to add a small amount of turkey bacon for added flavor if you wish.
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Total Time: 35-45 minutes
- 1 pound (approximately 4 cups) Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 turkey bacon slices, cut into ¼ inch pieces and cooked until crispy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut any very large heads in half through the core. Tip: Save the outer leaves that fall off and bake those along with the rest of the sprouts, they get extra crispy and are delicious!
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto a large sheet pan in a single layer.
- If you are including the turkey bacon, evenly sprinkle the cooked bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
(Based on including turkey bacon)
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Vegetables: ¾ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 195 calories
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 15 grams
- Sodium: 123 mg