These burgers are super easy and can be made in just a few minutes. Have your fishmonger remove the skin from the salmon to make this even easier. You can serve this as a burger on a bun with Sriracha mayonnaise (½ Sriracha and ½ mayo), or you can serve it on a bed of kale slaw.
Serving Size: 1 burger
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time (Optional): 1 hour
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes- 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 pound of salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (more if you really like ginger)
- ½ tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Sriracha (or other hot sauce, adapt this for your heat preference)
- 2 – 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- A few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- Grapeseed, canola, or other vegetable oil for cooking the burgers
- Process salmon, ginger, soy sauce, Sriracha, green onions, and pepper in a food processor until well blended. Place the salmon mixture in a bowl.
- Stir in the egg and panko.
- Make 4 patties from the mixture.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so (optional).
- Lightly oil a non-stick skillet.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side.
- Test internal temperature to 145º-150º F.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Vegetables: 0 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 239 calories
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 28 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Sodium: 328 mg