This pasta is a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into one quick and simple meal that your friends and family will love. You can substitute any of the vegetables listed for ones that are in season and readily available.
Serving Size: 2½ cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ box (approximately 4 cups) 100% whole-wheat pasta (bow-tie or rotini)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 broccoli heads, chopped
- 5 – 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to directions on box. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add minced garlic. Add all vegetables and sauté for a few minutes until tender.
- Mix in the basil pesto, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
- Serving Size: 2½ cups
- Vegetables: 2 cups
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 396 calories
- Carbohydrates: 33 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 11 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Sodium: 526 mg