This authentic Middle Eastern dish is simple and lasts for several days refrigerated. Traditionally called Tabbouleh, this dish has a unique ingredient that won’t disappoint – bulgar wheat!
Serving size: ¾ cup
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 – 55 minutes
- ½ cup bulgar wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 European cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bulgar in a large bowl and top with the boiling water. Stir to combine and cover. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients in another large bowl.
- Fluff the bulgar with a fork and drain any excess water.
- Combine bulgar with vegetables.
- Adjust seasoning by adding more lemon, salt, or pepper as needed.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 7 grams
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Carbohydrates: 13 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams