This is an Indian-style sweet and savory snack that is super easy to prepare. You can vary the fruits to your liking and what’s readily available.
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 – 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- Cook the sweet potato by poking holes in the potato and microwaving for 5-8 minutes, rotating half way through. Allow to cool, peel, and cut into small cubes. Alternatively, you can roast the sweet potato. To roast, preheat your oven to 425º F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up. Cut the raw sweet potato into small cubes. On the baking sheet, toss the sweet potato in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fork tender (about 30 minutes).
- Combine banana, apple, mango, grapes, and sweet potato in a big mixing bowl.
- Squeeze juice from limes into mixture and toss.
- Mix in the salt, chili powder, and black pepper.
Nutrition Information per Serving
(Based on 2 limes, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon red chili powder, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Vegetables: ¼ cup
- Fruits: ½ cup
- Calories: 104 calories
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 0 grams
- Sodium: 211 mg
One thought on “Fruit Chaat”
I’ve become addicted to this recipe! It’s so good!!