A versatile sauce that can be paired with not only chicken but salmon, snapper, or other white fish! Make it vegetarian by pairing the sauce with a grain.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 3 cups green olives, rinsed well then sliced
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 4-6 chicken breasts, grilled or baked, and sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and sauté until translucent. Do not allow it to brown.
- Add the black pepper, cumin, paprika, parsley, and green olives to the pan. Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, taste, and adjust seasoning.
- To serve, place ½ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa on a plate, layer with about 4 ounces chicken slices, and evenly top with the green olive sauce.
Click label to see all