This delicious dish has a wonderful ginger flavor and gets spice from Sambal (or Sriracha). Even if you have non cauliflower lovers, you should try them on this dish! It is surprisingly good, dare I say great. Blanching then browning the cauliflower makes all the difference so be sure not to skip this step.
- 1 Tablespoon Sambal or Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon rice vinegar or other mild vinegar such as white wine vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 1 medium sized head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1-2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 bunch green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Blanch the cauliflower in boiling water until tender. Drain well, you want the cauliflower to be dry.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan and brown the cauliflower on all sides. You want it to be browned well. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the sauce you made in step one. Cook until tomatoes begin to break down.
- Return the cauliflower to the pan and heat through.
- Adjust seasoning.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe (192g)
- Calories: 104
- Carbohydrates: 13 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 244 mg