This is a versatile sauce that can be a dip for vegetables or a topping for grain bowls. It can be thinned with milk or water for a great dressing for salad.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cucumber or ½ European cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup nonfat, plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped fine or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2-3 Tablespoons of lemon juice (or the juice from 1 lemon)
- Salt to taste
- Peel and seed the cucumber. Removing the seeds is important so your sauce is not watery.
- Grate the cucumber using the medium or large size on a box grater. You can also grate using a food processor.
- Mix all remaining ingredients. Start with ½ teaspoon salt and adjust if needed.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 10
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Sodium: 150 mg