Amp up your traditional tuna salad with this delicious recipe. Full of vegetables and flavor, it makes a delectable meal any time of day that the whole family will love. Enjoy it as a sandwich, on top of greens, or alongside our Super Tomato Soup and Olive Oil Toast. If serving as a sandwich, use your favorite whole-grain bread and try topping it with a couple leaves of kale and a few tomato slices. Fun tip: Substitute the vegetables suggested in this recipe with your favorites to find your perfect flavor combination.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 (5-ounce) cans of tuna packed in water or olive oil, drained and flaked
- ½ cup minced carrots (approximately 2 carrots)
- ½ cup minced celery (approximately 2 celery sticks)
- ½ cup minced yellow bell pepper (approximately 1 small bell pepper – substitute with orange, red or green bell pepper if preferred)
- ¼ cup minced red onion (substitute with yellow or green onion if preferred)
- ¼ cup minced olives (substitute with pickles if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- In a medium size bowl combine the carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, olives, tuna, and olive oil.
- Season with black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Serve as a sandwich on whole-grain bread, on top of salad greens, or alongside our Olive Oil Toast. This recipe also goes great with our Super Tomato Soup.
Nutrition Information per Serving: (Based on tuna packed in water, ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Vegetables: ¾ cup
- Fruits: 0 cups
- Calories: 124 calories
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 559 mg