Take your taste buds on a journey with the exotic flavor provided by the tang of yogurt and cumin in this dish!
Serving size: 0.75 cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup green onions, sliced thin
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, rinsed under cool water until thawed
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- Fresh parsley for garnish – optional
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add the green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes, do not allow it to brown.
- Add the lima beans, water, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, milk, and rice.
- Add more yogurt and/or milk as needed for the dish to be creamy.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Top with parsley, if using.
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrates: 34 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Sodium: 45 mg