This Mediterranean Bowl is perfect for meal prep. Utilize already cooked brown rice to throw this lunch or dinner together quickly. Make extra dressing and store in the fridge for next time.
Serving size: 1 bowl
Prep time: 5 minute
Cook time: 0 minutes if utilizing already cooked rice
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup broccoli, roughly chopped (raw or cooked)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Lemon slices to garnish, optional
Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Measure cooked brown rice and place into a medium to large size bowl.
- If rice is not cooked, cook according to package directions.
- Wash and rinse spinach, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes. Chop or slice vegetables to your preference. Place on top of brown rice.
- Drain and rinse a can of garbanzo beans. Place ½ cup on top of brown rice and vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk together with a fork. Drizzle all over brown rice, vegetables, and beans.
- Toss to combine. Add lemon slices as garnish (optional).
Nutrition Information per Serving
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 640
- Carbohydrates: 112 grams
- Fiber: 15 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
- Fat: 17 grams
- Sodium: 340 mg